geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [Geronimo] Clustering
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 13:51:12 GMT
James,

On Dec 19, 2005, at 6:28 AM, James Strachan wrote:

>> Ultimately, wadi-core and ActiveSpace are complimentary
>> technologies, both providing solutions to different areas of this
>> problem space. WADI also contains lots of integration code to
>> various other containers, so I am imagining a situation where a
>> layer of WADI code integrates Geronimo, Apache Directory and
>> ActiveSpace, all sitting on top of ActiveCluster and ActiveMQ.
>
> FWIW I'd have preferred us to create a 'cluster' subproject at
> Geronimo where various different kinds of clustering & caching &
> state management could be unified (plus i'm not keen on WADI as a
> project name :) - then we can merge the code bases from
> ActiveCluster, ActiveSpace & WADI into modules which make sense
> (e.g. pessimistic locking models, optimistic locking models,
> caching, distributed/movable state etc.).

Can't we still do that? (if not, what is preventing it from happening
and what can I/we do to work around the issues?) We could start with
the merge of ActiveCluster, ActiveSpace and WADI now under the wadi
project and work towards a 'clustering subproject'. IMO this makes a
lot of sense. We don't want there to be two or three cluster
subprojects under G.

Thoughts?

I'm all over helping make this happen so just let me know what I can do.

We are currently discussing a name change on the wadi list, your
input and suggestions are very welcome! Current front runner seems to
be WADI => Wadi = "a caching and high availability framework for
applications" (drop the acronym but keep the name).

TTFN,

-bd-