geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <brett.por...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Plugin installation problems
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:43:46 GMT
plugin:install-now is the same as plugin install, but it loads into
the running Maven and updates the cache, like using a plugin
dependency. You are right that they are probably incompatible.

plugin:repository-install is only useful if you are later using it as
a dependency. Maven doesn't use the repository for plugins otherwise,
and this goal doesn't affect the cache.

HTH,
Brett