geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why would a manual deployment be new-style configId with a /car?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 09:16:37 GMT

On Dec 1, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> So a change was made to the database portlet so when it deploys a new
> pool it uses the configId user/database-pool-(name)/1/car
>
> I don't really understand -- since this deployment doesn't use the
> Maven tools, it's not packaged into a CAR or put into the repository,
> right?  So this configId seems pretty bogus and I'm not sure why's
> it's any better than setting the configId to just
> database-pool-(name).  Any insight?

Well, before I ran into the next set of roadblocks I was planning on
talking with you about adding groupId, artifactId and version fields to
the form so you could actually construct a new-style configId if you
wanted to.  I would also like an option to construct a .car file in the
servers geronimo repo.  However, without these the new configId doesn't
have much going for it, but it is consistent with the ones we use, so I
don't really see the harm.  If you strongly object to the capabilities
I'm proposing you are welcome to change it back.

thanks
david jencks