geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T-4 days to ApacheCon...1.0 Status and Thoughts
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 21:16:05 GMT
> All,
>
> We've made a lot of progress over the weekend and the past few days in terms of
> testing, bug fixing as well as new features.  At this point though we are
> running out of time and need to shift from features to finish and testing to
> make sure we're putting out the best offering we can.  Given that there are a
> few things we need to do and I need your help.
>
> First, we need to manage our way out of the outstanding 98 JIRAs for 1.0.  I
> would like to ask everyone that has a JIRA for 1.0 (either reported by you and
> unassigned or assigned to you) to please quickly review it and prioritize it
> appropriately.  The assignment should be:
>
> 1.0 (absolutely needs to be in ... stop ship if its in this category)
> 1.1 (important but can be addressed later)
> 1.x (sooner than later but not immediately urgent)
> wishlist (self explanatory)
>
> Please do this today.  If you absolutely cannot let me know and I'll defer them
> for you :)
>
> Because we need to finish TCK testing as well as test the packaging and
> installer I would like to make today the last day for fixing function /
> features..  I propose we cut a 1.0 branch tonight so we can fix things like
> missing content in the console and other items that will be removed from
> Geronimo that need to remain in HEAD for further development.
>
> Also, we will make the final cutover of versions from SNAPSHOTs to their
> released versions for TranQL, Open EJB, and Axis.  I think we have everything
> else taken care of.
>
> Preferrably it would be great if we can start a vote on Friday for a release
> assuming we get the remaining work completed.
>
> Please respond to this e-mail with outstanding urgent issues that need to be
> completed.  Here is a start for this activity:
>
> * Remove broken / non-functional links in the console
> * Installer work completed
> * Testing of sample apps to ensure we have not regressed
>
> I'm sure there are lits of other items.  Let's get them in here and I'll update
> the release managemetn page.

Just a quick reminder, Matt, please send out a big, fat warning
message to the dev@ list about the SVN freeze at the 24-hour mark.
It's helpful for those who are scrambling to have one last warning as
the door is closing ;-).

Thanks for you hard work on wrangling this release!

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/