geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject HEAD is going to be...?
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2005 00:41:27 GMT
Is the current HEAD going to be 1.0.1 or 1.1 or 2.0?

I seem to remember Alan volunteering to be release manager for the
next release... Which one is that going to be?

I'm trying to think about what features ought to go where, in terms of
HEAD, the 1.0 branch, etc.

I think I'd prefer that 1.0.1 be bug fixes only and go into the 1.0
branch, and that HEAD get minor new features and become 1.1 (in, say,
a 3-month time frame), and we target major new features like XBean or
EJB 3 or anything else like that for a subsequent 2.0 (in, say, a 6
month time frame).  I'd lean toward the new CORBA not going into 1.1,
since I don't think it'll be ready in time, but I'd be happy to be
corrected.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron