geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject 1.0 Status: IRC Report
Date Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:16:55 GMT
Alan, Matt, and I spoke about the release on IRC.  Matt's thoughts are:

1. integrate the shell script changes to reduce verbosity. Matt thinks
this is important because its a customer's first impression and an
ECHO OFF is fairly trivial (famous last words)
2. Integrate the fixes from JGenender for clustering since this is
such a big thing for users and this was advertised to folks.  The
change looks reasoinalbe...doesn't seem to risk TCK testing and if it
doesn't work we're no worse off than we are now
3. (Aaron paraphrasing) Include the simple security patch to reject
logins if web.xml has security settings but the Geronimo plan is not
provided or does not have security settings.  The proposal to change
our Jetty system to use a "default" realm with no users in it has a
higher risk of breaking something (plus, it's not ready).
4. Tag and cut a set of binaries tonight and start a TCK run

Alan thought we should TCK and release the build that Matt made last
night.  I thought that we should integrate the changes above and TCK
and release that.

At the end of the conversation Matt asked me to summarize the
conversation and said of the 4-step plan above: "you can give it my +1
and barring core dumps in Java this is it.   I'll build tonight and
ask David Blevins to start the TCK on it".

After that John Sisson pointed out that we have not fixed the issue of
spaces in the names of certain files in the documentation.

I'm not totally clear whether Matt wanted more input or whether he's
made his final decision as release manager, but I would assume that if
anyone feels strongly that the plan above is a mistake then they
should speak up right away.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron