geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: How to package all the dependences into a single EAR file?
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 08:24:09 GMT
The deployment plan doesn't have a specific way to refer to add libs
within the EAR to the ClassPath (though this would be a pretty
sensible thing for us to add).  The dependency element will add a
library to the EAR's ClassPath, but then the library has to be located
in the Geronimo repository (under

It may be the case that you can add the libs in the ear to a Manifest
Class-Path entry for the WAR files in the EAR -- I'm not sure if we
support this for WAR files.

On 12/10/05, Jian Liao <> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Could someone tell me how to package all the dependences into a single EAR
> file?
> I would like to see the following file structure:
> jetspeed.ear
>        |------lib (folder which contains all the jar files should be loaded
> by EAR level classloader)
>        |------jetspeed.war
>        |------demo.war
>        |------j2-admin.war
>        |------META-INF
> How to reference the files in "lib" folder in my plan? Should I use "import"
> tag?
> I want to package all these files into a single EAR file. Any help would be
> appreciated!
> regards,
> - Jian Liao

View raw message