geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Notice: Deployer/Deployment Plugin URI's Changing
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:27:36 GMT
I'm putting in a change that means that URIs used for the JSR-88
deployer (also used by the geronimo-deployment-plugin) look like:

deployer:geronimo:jmx://host:port

instead of

deployer:geronimo:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://host:port/JMXConnector

If you want the defaults (localhost:1099), you can omit the host/port like this:

deployer:geronimo:jmx

I've updated the Maven scripts in Geronimo and TCK accordingly.

The deploy tool now takes --host and --port in addition to --uri

Note that the deploy:waitForStarted and deploy:stopRemoteServer are no
longer connected to the deployer URL, and now just take the JMX URL to
reach the server:

jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://host:port/JMXConnector

I had to manually delete my plugin dirs and rebuild to get new plugins
that work with the revised Maven scripts:

rm -rf ~/.maven/cache/geronimo* ~/.maven/repository/geronimo/plugins
~/.maven/plugins/geronimo*
cd geronimo/plugins && maven -o multiproject:install

Also, for what it's worth, the deployer's inVM connection can now take
a Kernel name, like:

deployer:geronimo:inVM://SomeKernel

as well as the default (for 1 kernel VMs)

deployer:geronimo:inVM

Thanks,
    Aaron