geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Startup Warning related to running Tomcat Examples on Jetty
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 16:40:34 GMT
The problem appears to be caused by:

09:24:21,347 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,Servlet=invoker,WebFilter=Servlet
Mapped Filter,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping

because no targets are running for reference Servlet matching the patterns:
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Servlet,name=invoker

Can you look in the debug tool after it's running and check for
"name=invoker" to see whether the GBean reference name is just a
little off or something?

In any case, this is a real error, as I think it means some of the
servlet filters for the application were not started.  I wonder why we
didn't barf during deployment?  And I guess I also whonder why we
don't refuse to start the application as a whole when part of it won't
start, but that's a larger question.  :)

Aaron