geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Jetty Logging: INFO output
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 00:25:39 GMT
Jan,

I don't think DEBUG_VERBOSE made much of a difference, but I had
already squashed  most of the Jetty INFO output by setting specific
classes to WARN in our log4j.properties, so I'm not sure how obvious
it would have been.  It's definitely the case that the messages are
going to Log4j, and it seemed to be going through commons logging in
the code I was looking at, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, we're trying to get the 1.0 release out by ApacheCon, which
means around Dec 10-11.  However, given that we'll have to run the TCK
again if we upgrade our Jetty version, I think we'll need to stick
with whatever we can get by a few days or more in advance of that --
which of course is not a lot of time.  I put in a hack for now to
squash log output where the logger name starts with "/", so it's not
super-critical to get a new Jetty release for G 1.0, but it would be
nice to be able to remove that.  :)

Thanks,
    Aaron