geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Jetty Logging: INFO output
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 17:45:54 GMT
Further investigation:

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.JSR154Filter.init:69 is:
 _servletContext.log("JSR154
unwrappedDispatchSupported="+_unwrappedDispatchSupported);

and the log call there goes to:

org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Context.log:1134

and the log variable there turns out to be initialized like this:

_contextLog = LogFactory.getLog(getHttpContext().getHttpContextName());

So it seems like there are two ways to address this:

1) Change ServletHandler.doStart to put a prefix into the context log
name (like "org.mortbay.jetty.contexts."+getHttpContextName() or
something)

2) Change JSR154Filter to use a log category of it's own rather than
the servlet context log call, and set the message to DEBUG instead of
INFO.

The only options from Geronimo seem a little hacky (suppressing any
INFO output where the logger name starts with "/", for example).

Thanks,
    Aaron