geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: [LONG] Daemon command line option conventions - need to agree before 1.0
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:43:31 GMT
I'm not a big fan of this.  I can't say why in a general way, but to
be specific, I don't think having two options to do the same thing
adds any value, I don't like the unintuitiveness of many of the short
versions, I don't think --quiet is an improvement over -quiet, I don't
think any lazy developer would ever type --veryverbose, I like
supporting every style of "help" that a user might possibly type
(since by definition they probably don't know the correct one, though
I would never document all 4 like you did in your first list), and so

For the new startup output, we could bring back -noprogress or try for
something shorter like -brief or -timer.

View raw message