geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Declare new GBean in config.xml
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 01:12:55 GMT
I just committed support to declare new GBeans in the config.xml
file.  This facility is called by the console back end so new GBean
added via the console now show up in the config.xml file.  The
following snippit was created by adding a new http connector in the
console:

   <configuration name="geronimo/jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car">
     <gbean name="JettyWebConnector">
       <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
       <attribute name="port">8081</attribute>
       <attribute name="redirectPort">8443</attribute>
     </gbean>
     <gbean name="JettySSLConnector">
       <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
       <attribute name="port">8443</attribute>
     </gbean>
     <gbean
name="geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/jetty/
1.0-SNAPSHOT/
car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebConnector-HTTP-
cheese" gbeanInfo="org.apache.geronimo.jetty.connector.HTTPConnector">
       <attribute name="maxThreads">50</attribute>
       <attribute name="host">0.0.0.0</attribute>
       <attribute name="minThreads">10</attribute>
       <attribute name="port">8082</attribute>
       <reference name="JettyContainer">
           <pattern><gbean-
name>geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/jetty/
1.0-SNAPSHOT/
car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer</gbean-
name></pattern>
       </reference>
     </gbean>
   </configuration>

The reference the new items are the gbeanInfo attribute on the gbean
element, and the nested reference element in gbean.  The gbeanInfo
attribute declares the class from which the gbean info can be
retrieved.  The reference element declares the object name patterns
for the GBean reference.  The XML for a reference is a bit ugly, but
is a subset of the -plan.xml reference element.  The config.xml file
only supports the shown reference format, but could be expanded to
support the other formats that -plan.xml files support.

Also the reference override can be used on any GBean not just new
GBeans, but I don't suggest people mess with references.

I have a few more changes to make in this area but it is fully
functional right now, so please give it a test drive :)

-dain