geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bilal Bhatti" <bi...@neelo.com>
Subject RE: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:37:12 GMT
Sure.

Bruce, what can I do. If you can share any information/code that would be
helpful. Any guidance on how to approach this would be great.

Thanks.

> Sure, Rick and Bilal as volunteered.
>
> I will take care of the POP3 protocol provider implementation.
> (more specifically javax.mail.Store and javax.mail.Folder
> implementations and support classes for POP3)
>
> Since Rick has already done work on the Message classes maybe he can
> help with the protocol specific Message Classes. Can you ???
>
> I think Bruce is looking into IMAP, but he maybe busy with other things.
> So Bilal can you dig into IMAP stuff after checking with Bruce.
>
> And there is also the testing part. Any volunteers to test it and
> possibly expand on the unit tests??
>
> Also Bruce did mention that, the intention is to move the JavaMail
> implementation to a sub project in the future. So maybe it's a good idea
> to make it Geronimo independent.
> Anyways a separation of concerns is always a plus point.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith Attapattu.

-- bilal

-----
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life,
when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic
about." - Einstein