geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Web Containers: Setting for directory listings?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:04:52 GMT

On Dec 5, 2005, at 3:35 PM, Jan Bartel wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>> I don't think just adding a default servlet like that to a
>> geronimo-web plan would work.
> No? Why not? There should be no naming clashes etc.

well, try it and see what happens :-)

The jetty deployer puts a copy of each default servlet in each web app
it deploys.  I don't remember if there is some mechanism to prevent it
putting one in if there is already something with the same name.

thanks
david jencks

>> However, I think the way to go is to add a flag to the jetty and
>> jetty-config schemas and have the jetty deployer set dirAllowed in
>> the default servlet when it copies it in.
> Sure, but then we'd have to declare a flag for each of the other
> initParams  when somebody asks to have them overrideable as well.
> Seems neater to keep the same mechanism.
>

> cheers
> Jan
>

>> I'm not sure what else would be needed offhand.  It might run into
>> problems in identifying that particular servlet, as the copying
>> mechanism is somewhat generic.
>> thanks
>> david jencks
>> On Dec 5, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Jan Bartel wrote:
>>> Aaron,
>>>
>>> Leaving aside the possibility of genericizing this for both
>>> tomcat & jetty and just considering the jetty implementation
>>> for now:
>>>
>>> It might be possible to be able to use the same kind of mechanism
>>> in the geronimo-web.xml file as is used in the deployer plan.xml
>>> file. That is, put a gbean into the geronimo-web.xml file like
>>> so:
>>>
>>>    <gbean name="StaticContent"
>>> class="org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder">
>>>        <attribute name="servletName">defaultOverride</attribute>
>>>        <attribute
>>> name="servletClass">org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Default</attribute>
>>>        <attribute name="loadOnStartup">0</attribute>
>>>        <attribute name="initParams">
>>> acceptRanges=true
>>> dirAllowed=true
>>> putAllowed=false