geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Manu George <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenEJB Question
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:38:55 GMT
Hi,
       I am facing a problem with some CMP EJBs with custom PrimaryKey
Classes. I am getting the EJBs deployed but during invoking of the
findbyprimarykey method I am getting a TransactionRolledBack Exception. On
investigating the cause of this I found that it was due to  a
ClassCastException that was ocurring in TranQL. In the class
org.tranql.sql.jdbc.binding.StringBinding
there is a method setValue. Here during execution the value parameter
contains the custom primary key class cast as Object. In the setString
method it gives a ClassCastException. Shouldn't this be a value.toString()
here? or is this method always supposed to get just a string value?

  public void setValue(PreparedStatement ps, Object value) throws
SQLException {
        ps.setString(index, (String) value);
    }

Is there any specific property we need to put in openejb-jar.xml when we use
complex PrimaryKey classes over and above the entries in ejb-jar.xml?
Also for the <primkey-field> value in the openejb-jar.xml what do we put if
we have a complex primary key consisting of 2 fields?

Thanks
Manu