geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.no...@worldonline.fr>
Subject Re: Does WASCE have a TransactionManager Lookup class ?
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:16:06 GMT
Hibernate can use the UserTransaction instead of the TransactionManager,
but you won't be able
to suspend / resume transactions.   If you do not need suspend/resume,
just set the
autodetectTransactionManager attribute of the JtaTransactionManager to
false.

In any cases, afaik even if you can grab a reference to the
TransactionManager,
you won't be able to suspend a user transaction, as they are unrelated.

I think the way to go would be to grab a reference on the
o.a.g.TransactionContextManager
and create a a.o.g.GeronimoTransactionManager (you can find this class
in the jencks.org project).
This one wraps the geronimo TransactionContextManager in a
TransactionManager so that you will be able
to suspend / resume  user transactions.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet