geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Release 1.0 Status - Release Candidate 20051219 Available for Review]
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 16:00:25 GMT
To continue the thread of answering myself :)

Works great with the new plans..  I think this change/behavior needs to
be fairly well documented as simple deployments now have different
requirements between web containers.  Is this a candidate for the "known
issues" section of the release notes?

Thanks
-Dave-

Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> Ahhh..  I see the changes to the deployment plans that Matt made in the
> early am for Jetty.. Will redeploy with the updated plans..
>
> -Dave-
>
> Dave Colasurdo wrote:
>
>> Have downloaded and tested the latest candidate and can offer the
>> following feedback:
>>
>> - startup verbosity on windows is fixed..
>>
>> - The latest Release note updates seem to be missing from the build. Hmm
>> the code change email notifications had indicated that Aaron committed
>> the changes.. ??
>>
>> - redirect links for "additional docs" and "additional samples" are
>> broken.  Believe we can fix this up with the redirects at apache.org and
>>   doesn't require changes to the build.
>>
>> - As expected, the shutdown exception (GERONIMO-1371) still occurs.
>> Would be nice to get this in the Release Notes if we respin for some
>> other reason.  Otherwise, perhaps we just have updated Release notes
>> available on the download page..
>>
>> - Deploying a sample application war results in a new deployment
>> exception for *Jetty*.  This works fine for *Tomcat*..  Hadn't seen this
>> in previous builds..
>>
>> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: web.xml includes
>> security elements but Geronimo deployment plan is not provided or does
>> not contain <security-realm-name> and <security> elements necessary to
>> configured security accordingly.
>>          at
>> org.apache.geronimo.jetty.deployment.JettyModuleBuilder.initContext(JettyModuleBuilder.java:426)

>>    See the full exception stack:
>> http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/3aSLe566.html
>>
>> Strange.. the error is shown in my console but not in the geronimo.log
>> file..
>>
>> The war file are at:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repository/geronimo/wars/geronimo-servlet-examples-tomcat-5.5.12-1.war

>> Have attached both my Jetty and Tomcat Deployment plans..  BTW, this is
>> one of the default examples that we include in the distributuion.  I
>> have changed the plan from car->war and changed the context-root as part
>> of the test..
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

>> Thanks
>> -Dave-
>>

>> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>

>>> That said, the new build is available at
>>> http://people.apache.org/~hogstrom/geronimo-1.0  and the file names are:
>>>
>>> geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.0-20051219.zip
>>> geronimo-jetty-j2ee-1.0-20051219.tar.gz
>>> geronimo-jetty-tomcat-1.0-20051219.zip