geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [WEBCONSOLE] Start Playing with Pluto 1.1?
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:31:42 GMT

Dain Sundstrom wrote:
<snip>

> One other question, does Pluto work well when other portal systems  are
> installed into the server?  I could see us using Pluto for our  console,
> and J2 for the user land portal.
>
> -dain

I think this is possible, but I wonder if it is worth the resource
consumption and complexity to have multiple portal servers in the same
Geronimo server.  In addition to the resource consumption, keeping the
web console portal independent of the user portal limits the ability for
a user to integrate portlets from their business applications and
Geronimo admin.  A system administrator might want to manage their
payroll system and their web applications from single user interface.

I think it would be fine to offer lexibility in the portal server that a
user chooses to include in G.  However, if the user has chosen to use J2
then I think it makes sense for the web console to use this as well
rather than including another Portal server (Pluto) in the image.

just my 2 cents

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net