geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Release 1.0 Status - Saturday the 17th
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 21:14:40 GMT
The Engine is starting before the host.

After chatting with Dain...the problem seems to be...

The plan is looking for a collection of hosts.  But this does not seem
to place the dependency when there is a collection, only when its a
single GBean reference.  Therefore its random of who gets started
first...call it luck of the draw?  Therefore, this can rear its head in
HEAD (no pun intended).

The problem stems from the fact that the user can have "n" number of
hosts...and the Engine needs to wait until all of these are started.

I would have hoped that the Collection reference would act like a direct
GBean reference and wait until all have started, but this was my
misunderstanding.  Can this be a problem for other GBeans that have
collection dependencies down the road - not just for Tomcat?

IMHO, I think the fact the Engine is starting before the Hosts is
dangerous and very bad.

I'll work on a solution of some form...

Jeff