geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject 1.0 Release Status
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:48:45 GMT
All,

Rather than continue on one of the outstanding release chains its appropriate to
start a new thread on where we are at and what we are doing.

First, the outstanding issues with the release candidates clearly show that
there are some issues that need to be resolved.  The most significant is the
error that is thrown during intialization.  It is not, as was previously
thought, an issue with copying the database files upon initial execution.  It is
rather associated with a race condition between the web-app being initialized
and the EJB container reaching an initialized state.  We are working on this
issue and as such all previous release candidates should be discarded and
ignored for now.  We will track down the issues related to initialization as
well as the other problems reported and put out a new release candidate.

Second, thanks to all that are doing the testing and taking time to download and
install the images on various operating systems.  We very much appreciate your
investement of time and interest.  Your feedback is noted and will be
incorporated where possible.

Here are the outstanding issue that I've noted from the feedback on the list:

GERONIMO-1363 - DayTrader still using old geronimo-spec files - fixed
GERONIMO-1371 - Geronimo startup/shutdown issues
GERONIMO-1372 - Exception during startup - TradeEJB
GERONIMO-1375 - Invalid login to console should not produce stack trace

If I missed one please let me know.

Regarding the press release I'd like to ask Bruce and Geir to tackle that issue.
  Can you guys help out there?

Thanks.

Matt