geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: OpenEJB PK issue
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:48:01 GMT
Hi Manu,

Once again, thanks for your debugging!

I had a look to the DD and I have identified why the itests showing this
specifc case are working for us and not for you: basically in our test,
we have a OTM relationship between a CMP with a simple PK on the
one-side and a CMP with a compound PK on the many-side. Your case is
slightly different: the CMP on the one-side has a compound PK and hence
another code path is used.

Basically, the problem that you are raising is exactly what I was trying
to describe in one of my previous email:
"
About createCMPFieldAccessors, the
relatedEntity.getPrimaryKeyFields().size()  test must also be replaced
by an isCompoundPK test. However, it seems that we should add a special
processing to handle a CMP field mapped to a FK column referencing the
(single) PK column associated to a compound PK having a single field.
"
Hm; I realise that this was far to be understandable.

This special processing works as follow:
1. if the CMP field, CMPField, is mapped to a FK column;
2. if the PK column referenced by this FK column is associated to a
compound PK column;
3. if the compound PK uses more than one CMP field:
  3.1 then the accessor of CMPField must be read-only. (this is what we
currently have)
4. otherwise:
  4.1 the accessor of CMPField must be read-write.

This purpose of the " if (null !=
ejb.getAssociationEndDefiningFKAttribute(name)) {" block is to set the
CMR field at the same time than the CMP field when a CMP field is mapped
to a FK column. BTW, it seems that you are familiar with OpenEJB and
TranQL; so, do you want to work on a patch to fix this problem? FYI, we
have a large and very interesting piece of work ahead of us to support
the persistence part of the EJB3 specification :)

Thanks,
Gianny