geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference application, status
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:09:41 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> At last I could build the latest version of Geronimo. It wasn't that
> easy as it should be. I remember having to run maven several times
> before all jars were in place and the build finished with no errors.
>
> I'm looking into getting AB up and running in it.

My status is that I have AB deploying without errors on the (broken)
1.0-prebuild.

Compared to the plans/sql in the repository, so far I have:
- Set up (more) correct references to web services
- Added undefined web service endpoints
- Started to get the autogenerated primary keys for CMP's working
   (using your work from the Pet Store as template)

I feel that I'm getting nearer a working AB - having got past Geronimo
build and deployment trouble brings me nearer to my usual (J2EE
application) domain :-)

To make best use of our time, maybe we should let me have a try at the
application specific things?

I haven't yet succeeden in having the maven script unpack a new server
automatically, and the startup procedure I'm managed to get working is
very clumsy. Maybe you could look into these issues some time? If you
want it, I could distribute the diff on my sandbox/adventurebuilder
directory now - if you don't need it, I'll wait until the application is
  working.

Jakob