geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <...@trifork.com>
Subject Nonsense error "Module was not a wae" when trying to deploy web-application on server with no running jetty-deployer
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 09:41:42 GMT
I recently experienced trouble deploying an ear file containing a war
module. After a lot of head scratching (and waste of Aaron's time) I
discovered that the source of the error was that the jetty-deployer
wasn't started.
The error returned by the deployer was "Module was not a war:
Adventure.war", which didn't help me a lot to say the least.
The error is printed from EARConfigBuilder.java in module j2ee-builder.

I'm on the 1.0 build being voted about earlier today. Transcript [1] at
the bottom of this mail exposes the error.

I know that I'm partly to blame (the jetty-deployer is active in the
default configuration), but nonetheless someone might want to create a JIRA?

Kindly,
Jakob

----
Transcript [1]:
$ java -jar target/geronimo-1.0/bin/deployer.jar --user system
--password manager distribute target/plan/consumerwebsit
e1.0.1.ear-plan.xml adventure1.0.3/consumerwebsite.ear
     Distributed org/apache/geronimo/Adventure1.0.1

~/projects/geronimo-ab/sandbox/adventurebuilder
$ java -jar target/geronimo-1.0/bin/deployer.jar --user system
--password manager stop geronimo/jetty-deployer/1.0/car

     Stopped geronimo/jetty-deployer/1.0/car

~/projects/geronimo-ab/sandbox/adventurebuilder
$ java -jar target/geronimo-1.0/bin/deployer.jar --user system
--password manager distribute target/plan/consumerwebsit
e1.0.1.ear-plan.xml adventure1.0.3/consumerwebsite.ear
     Error: Operation failed: Module was not a war: adventure.war

---
[2] Running configurations:
   + geronimo/activemq-broker/1.0/car
   + geronimo/j2ee-server/1.0/car
   + geronimo/jetty-deployer/1.0/car
   + geronimo/ldap-realm/1.0/car
   + geronimo/uddi-jetty/1.0/car
       `-> uddi-jetty @ http://jrf:8080/juddi
       `-> uddi-db
   + geronimo/online-deployer/1.0/car
   + geronimo/activemq/1.0/car
   + geronimo/directory/1.0/car
   + geronimo/j2ee-security/1.0/car
   + geronimo/j2ee-deployer/1.0/car
   + geronimo/system-database/1.0/car
   + geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/car
   + geronimo/rmi-naming/1.0/car
   + geronimo/jetty/1.0/car
   + geronimo/webconsole-jetty/1.0/car
       `-> geronimo-console-standard-1.0.war @
http://jrf:8080/console-standard
       `-> geronimo-console-framework-1.0.war @ http://jrf:8080/console
   + geronimo/geronimo-gbean-deployer/1.0/car