geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <>
Subject log properties in var/log directory
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:06:31 GMT
Hi All,
I am playing around with the new builds. For "documentation" and testing
purposes I normally clean the *logs* by just wiping out the content of
the /log directory.

I found out (the hard way) there were some properties files there that I
deleted too. Since this "easy" way to clean the logs is not that unusual
in the field I would like to propose (for future improvement) moving the
*/logs* directory with "just the logs" to the root of that assembly
(either j2ee-jetty-server or j2ee-tomcat-server) and leave the property
files in the var/log directory.

View raw message