geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject 1.0 Release Update
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:10:10 GMT
All,

We've made a lot of progress over the past few days with many of the committers
working together in Los Angeles to finish up the remaining JIRA's for 1.0 as
well as put the build back together and finalize many of the features that were
recently added.  Here is the suggested plan for the next few days:

There will be many of the committers at ApacheCon in San Diego this afternoon
and we'll focus on completing the release and work towards a release candidate
for people to get access to to validate that it looks good.

We will then incorporate the feedback from the users and developers to finalize
the release and depending on the significance of the changes will look to
provide the release version for review and vote.

When we're assembled in San Diego and on IRC we'll put out an updated plan later
this afternoon.

Thanks to everyone that has been putting their shoulder to the version 1.0
release.  Looking forward to seeing Geronimo 1.0 out this week !

Here is a list of JIRAs that are outstanding for 1.0.  (Woot, less than 30 left :)

GERONIMO-973  	 Add security to /console-standard
GERONIMO-1021 	tomcat ejb ws login and authorization doesn't
GERONIMO-1112 	Problem with sending mail using G's JavaMail SMTP
GERONIMO-1137 	Proper DConfigBeans for Connectors GERONIMO-1165 	Changing System
DB pool size to 65 causes ActiveMQ to fail to get a connection
GERONIMO-1208 	LoginConfig XML doesn't support the wrap flag
GERONIMO-777 	Deployment files not removed on
GERONIMO-1167 	Upgrade to Tomcat 5.5.
GERONIMO-1206 	SQLSecurityRealm doesn't work with
GERONIMO-1015 	Management API: Web
GERONIMO-1283 	Demo Application
GERONIMO-1290 	Rename the "geronimo.base.dir" System Property to
"org.apache.geronimo.base.dir
GERONIMO-1148 	Jetty & Tomcat Consoles use conflicting Keystore
GERONIMO-1297 	Scripts in assemblies servers probably don't have right
GERONIMO-1286 	Have CRLF line endings for zip distribution and LF line endings
for tar.gz
GERONIMO-1166 	Enhance Startup scripts to allow process to be launched in
background
GERONIMO-1311 	Geronimo server assemblies do not set execute permission on *.sh
scripts
GERONIMO-1321 	svn:eol-style property not set to native on all *.java *.xml
*.html *.txt etc.
GERONIMO-1315 	Document Jetty GBeans
GERONIMO-1122 	Updated view of configurations