geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Does there need to be a default web container?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 18:24:49 GMT
IMHO, its over and set in stone.  I would have liked that we examined
what the community wanted and tallied the vote based on our user base,
but unfortunately this is not my decision.

Vote count:

                          Jetty             Tomcat
                         -------           --------
Geronimo Committers       12                 4
Users                      6                11
                         -------           --------
                           18                15

I may choose to disagree at the level of activity of Tomcat vs Jetty in
Geronimo over the last year, and could very well be proven wrong by
empirical evidence...but yes my nose has been knee deep in Tomcat, so
its likely my views may be jaded.

There is no doubt that someone's feelings are going to get hurt, whether
it's Greg's or mine, as we both stepped up and delivered our products
and got them certified.  But at the end of the day...what counts is we
offer both and that is most important.

Jeff