geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Installer: Default Web Container Selection
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 01:48:02 GMT
I have changed my mind, please ignore my previous vote.

My vote is now:

[ X ] Make Jetty the default Web Container install selection

My initial concerns were with users not familiar with Jetty (e.g. Tomcat users) and the lack
of Geronimo documentation on Jetty.  I chatted to Greg W on IRC and he said he will improve
the documentation.  I have raised JIRAs GERONIMO-1314 and GERONIMO-1315.

Thinking about it more, those who already use Tomcat in other projects are probably going
to click Tomcat if they don't go to the trouble of looking into Jetty.

I agree with Aaron that we should make it clear in the documentation that it is only a default
to simplify the install process and either container can be used and both are supported.

John