geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Does there need to be a default web container?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 23:30:58 GMT
This is obviously a hot topic and I hope that as a Geronimo PMC and user
community we are not forced to have to show preference of one over the
other.  There is obviously some personal preferences on both sides and
we are a great open source project because we do not have to get behind
one *or* the other.  We can get behind them both.

May I ask why the installer/wizard cannot have a page called "Choose
Your Web Container" and have an option for Jetty and Tomcat, but neither
selected?  Does there need to be a default?  Can we just let the end
user choose?

IMHO, I don't think we should provide a preference for one over the
other.  I really like both.  I think we should give the user the choice
without hinting a preference.

Thoughts and comments?

Jeff