geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Installer: Default Web Container Selection
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:24:59 GMT
Erik Daughtrey wrote:
> The installer  should make either Tomcat or Jetty the default selection.  The
> operator can always override and select the other.
> Vote:
> [  ] Make Jetty the default Web Container install selection

+1

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

People develop abstractions by generalizing from concrete examples.
Every attempt to determine the correct abstraction on paper without
actually developing a running system is doomed to failure. No one
is that smart. A framework is a resuable design, so you develop it by
looking at the things it is supposed to be a design of. The more examples
you look at, the more general your framework will be.

   -- Ralph Johnson & Don Roberts, Patterns for Evolving Frameworks