geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference 1.0.3 webapp deployed
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:20:24 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>> [*Q1]
>> Would you like me to send you the plans I have developed - I guess the
>> repository would be better off with these than with the ones currently
>> there.
>

> Send them to the list or better yet attach to the JIRA issue -
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1164. Both will work fine.

I've attached a zip to the JIRA issue.

>> It seems to be the case that for the 1.0-SNAPSHOT builds I am able to
>> produce, all "internal" configurations follow the "car" naming style
>> rather than the "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style. The 1.0-M5 build I
>> downloaded follow the "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style.
>> I guess we will have to get the application running on a build
>> resembling M5.
>

> Nope. The work is being done on the recent development builds. Of course
> you might work on the past releases, but since the application is still
> in the sandbox I wouldn't bother to support too much versions and keep
> it up-to-date. It makes it easier to promote the sample apps to the main
> build rather than keep it in the sandbox.
>

>> [*Q2]
>> Is there an easy way to make the maven script in
>> sandbox/adventurebuilder use the M5-build. I tried changing
>> geronimo_version in src/etc/project.properties to 1.0-M5, but that
>> doesn't seem to do the trick.
>

> I haven't tried it and don't think I will. Sorry. Why do you stick with
> the M5 version? If you don't want to build Geronimo from the sources,
> please check out sandbox only (and etc) and work with it. Maven will
> download the necessary components.

I guess I thought the org/apache/geronimo were the "official" names - if
the snapshot builds are like the build we're going to support in the
end, of course the right thing is to stick with those.

>> Nevertheless, when starting the server, none of the web service
>> endpoint beans are able to start. As an example, for the
>> CreditCardEndpointBean the following appears in the log:
>> 13:06:11,032 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
>> geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

>> because no targets are running for reference WebServiceContainer
>> matching the patterns
>> geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer

>> and then at the end of the startup:
>> 13:06:26,725 WARN  [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start
>> geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

>> (starting)
>>
>> I guess this means that the bean didn't start ;-) It doesn't answer on
>> the address (http://localhost:8080/webservice/CreditCardService)
>> specified in the deployment descriptor.
>>
>> [*Q3]
>> Have you got any ideas on how to make the beans start?
>> I notice the J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty in the reference
>> matching string in the first log entry. The jetty configuration
>> reported by deployer.jar's list-modules is named
>> geronimo/jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car.
>> Could this be related to Q2 on how to get to run on a server with
>> "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style for configurations?
>

> I couldn't work on it yesterday, but will certainly tonight. I hope
> others on IRC will help me to understand and fix it once and for all.

It seems wonderful that David Jencks already fixed the bug.

I wasn't able to either build or get maven to download a fresh snapshot.
On the build I'm using (an older homebrew version as far as I can tell),
I'm getting an ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException during deployment of OPC,
it seems related to some repository lookup. The entire stacktrace in my
JIRA comment.

Maybe you would be able to get my files from the JIRA and give it at try?

I'm afraid I won't be able to work on anything Geronimo until monday
morning - but I'm looking forward to logging on and getting the status here.

Kindly,
Jakob