geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jacek Laskowski <eljo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference 1.0.3 webapp deployed
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:59:48 GMT
Jakob Færch (Trifork) wrote:
> Hi Jacek

Hi Jakob,

> The status for my endeavour on the adventure builder:
> I have (only locally) plans that enable all the ear files to deploy.

Awesome! You're making an excellent progress with it!

> [*Q1]
> Would you like me to send you the plans I have developed - I guess the
> repository would be better off with these than with the ones currently
> there.

Send them to the list or better yet attach to the JIRA issue -
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1164. Both will work fine.

> I have had to replace a few parentId's from e.g.
> org/apache/geronimo/SystemDatabase to
> geronimo/system-database/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car.

Yes, the changes are already in the repo ;)

> It seems to be the case that for the 1.0-SNAPSHOT builds I am able to
> produce, all "internal" configurations follow the "car" naming style
> rather than the "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style. The 1.0-M5 build I
> downloaded follow the "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style.
> I guess we will have to get the application running on a build
> resembling M5.

Nope. The work is being done on the recent development builds. Of course
you might work on the past releases, but since the application is still
in the sandbox I wouldn't bother to support too much versions and keep
it up-to-date. It makes it easier to promote the sample apps to the main
build rather than keep it in the sandbox.

> [*Q2]
> Is there an easy way to make the maven script in
> sandbox/adventurebuilder use the M5-build. I tried changing
> geronimo_version in src/etc/project.properties to 1.0-M5, but that
> doesn't seem to do the trick.

I haven't tried it and don't think I will. Sorry. Why do you stick with
the M5 version? If you don't want to build Geronimo from the sources,
please check out sandbox only (and etc) and work with it. Maven will
download the necessary components.

> The server starts and afterwards and a superficial poke around the
> consumer web site seems to have it working all right.
> All the configurations corresponding to ear's in the application are in
> state running.

No comments ;)

> Nevertheless, when starting the server, none of the web service endpoint
> beans are able to start. As an example, for the CreditCardEndpointBean
> the following appears in the log:
> 13:06:11,032 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
> geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

> because no targets are running for reference WebServiceContainer
> matching the patterns
> geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer

> and then at the end of the startup:
> 13:06:26,725 WARN  [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start
> geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

> (starting)
>
> I guess this means that the bean didn't start ;-) It doesn't answer on
> the address (http://localhost:8080/webservice/CreditCardService)
> specified in the deployment descriptor.
>
> [*Q3]
> Have you got any ideas on how to make the beans start?
> I notice the J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty in the reference
> matching string in the first log entry. The jetty configuration reported
> by deployer.jar's list-modules is named geronimo/jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car.
> Could this be related to Q2 on how to get to run on a server with
> "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style for configurations?

I couldn't work on it yesterday, but will certainly tonight. I hope
others on IRC will help me to understand and fix it once and for all.

Keep the good work going! I'm really impressed with your progress.

> Jakob

Jacek