geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference 1.0.3 webapp deployed
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 14:45:59 GMT
Jakob Færch (Trifork) wrote:
> Nevertheless, when starting the server, none of the web service endpoint
> beans are able to start. As an example, for the CreditCardEndpointBean
> the following appears in the log:
> 13:06:11,032 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
> geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

> because no targets are running for reference WebServiceContainer
> matching the patterns
> geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer

> and then at the end of the startup:
> 13:06:26,725 WARN  [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start
> geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

> (starting)
>
> I guess this means that the bean didn't start ;-) It doesn't answer on
> the address (http://localhost:8080/webservice/CreditCardService)
> specified in the deployment descriptor.
>
> [*Q3]
> Have you got any ideas on how to make the beans start?
> I notice the J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty in the reference
> matching string in the first log entry. The jetty configuration reported
> by deployer.jar's list-modules is named geronimo/jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car.
> Could this be related to Q2 on how to get to run on a server with
> "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style for configurations?

The issue seems very similar to the problem Jacek faced in
<http://www.nabble.com/WARN-SilentStartupMonitor-Unable-to-start-...-%28starting%29-t515844.html#a1395857>

But I am not able to figure out the connection; the reference for
WebServiceContainer must be defined in some GBean - there's no such
reference in the ear plan I'm trying to deploy (unless it's some default
reference from any ear that includes a web service exposed EJB).

I've been trying to get the deployer scripts to use my M5 build, but am
running into all sorts of maven problems. I will continue to try later
today.

Kindly, Jakob