geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jakob Færch (Trifork)" <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference 1.0.3 webapp deployed
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 12:12:45 GMT
Hi Jacek

The status for my endeavour on the adventure builder:
I have (only locally) plans that enable all the ear files to deploy.

[*Q1]
Would you like me to send you the plans I have developed - I guess the
repository would be better off with these than with the ones currently
there.

I have had to replace a few parentId's from e.g.
org/apache/geronimo/SystemDatabase to
geronimo/system-database/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car.
It seems to be the case that for the 1.0-SNAPSHOT builds I am able to
produce, all "internal" configurations follow the "car" naming style
rather than the "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style. The 1.0-M5 build I
downloaded follow the "org/apache/geronimo"-naming style.
I guess we will have to get the application running on a build
resembling M5.

[*Q2]
Is there an easy way to make the maven script in
sandbox/adventurebuilder use the M5-build. I tried changing
geronimo_version in src/etc/project.properties to 1.0-M5, but that
doesn't seem to do the trick.

The server starts and afterwards and a superficial poke around the
consumer web site seems to have it working all right.
All the configurations corresponding to ear's in the application are in
state running.

Nevertheless, when starting the server, none of the web service endpoint
beans are able to start. As an example, for the CreditCardEndpointBean
the following appears in the log:
13:06:11,032 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

because no targets are running for reference WebServiceContainer
matching the patterns
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=GBean,name=JettyWebContainer

and then at the end of the startup:
13:06:26,725 WARN  [SilentStartupMonitor] Unable to start
geronimo.server:name=CreditCardEndpointBean,J2EEServer=geronimo,J2EEApplication=org/apache/geronimo/Bank1.0.3,j2eeType=WSLink,J2EEModule=null

(starting)

I guess this means that the bean didn't start ;-) It doesn't answer on
the address (http://localhost:8080/webservice/CreditCardService)
specified in the deployment descriptor.

[*Q3]
Have you got any ideas on how to make the beans start?
I notice the J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Jetty in the reference
matching string in the first log entry. The jetty configuration reported
by deployer.jar's list-modules is named geronimo/jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car.
Could this be related to Q2 on how to get to run on a server with
"org/apache/geronimo"-naming style for configurations?

Kindly,
Jakob