geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo Web Design - New Versions Updated From Feedback
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 03:18:33 GMT

Yes, this requires some thought.  I made a start at a proposal in my
first response, but I certainly don't claim to know the best
organization here.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev%40geronimo.apache.org/msg13619.html

I usually don't like to see what appears to me as a random groupings of
items or a lot of duplicate links on a page.  But that's just me and I
can see where it might be helpful to have the same item duplicated in
several places so that different users can find them where they may
expect them to be.

It would be good to get some ideas from the home pages of other open
source projects and from folks with a lot more experience than I
concerning what a user/developer/etc... would find important for an open
source project so that we could put the common items in the most obvious
places and tucked away whatever isn't as common to simplify the view
(but still be able to locate it without too much searching).

Then again as Erin pointed out, it might be more important to just get
something that looks reasonable out as quickly as possible for V1 and
then enhance it as we learn more.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn