geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <>
Subject Re: [M1] Plugin hell, help desperately needed
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 22:55:13 GMT
Donald Woods wrote:
> Finally got new4 goal to complete using Maven 1.1Beta2 (was always
> failing with the same error you mention below), by editing
> configs/geronimo-gbean-deployer/project.xml and removing the comments
> from around the geronimo-packaging-plugin dependency to re-enable it as
> a depend -
>         <!-- dependency on deployer -->
>         <dependency>
>             <groupId>geronimo</groupId>
>             <artifactId>geronimo-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
>             <version>${geronimo_version}</version>
>             <type>plugin</type>
>         </dependency>
> I'm running a full build now via
>    maven m:clean new -Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dmaven.itest.skip=true
> to verify the change works repeatably before I open a JIRA and attach
> the patch.
> -Donald

Thanks Donald, that change got me over the failure (and I'm using maven 1.0.2).  I manually
geronimo-packaging-plugin into the .maven/cache. Ran into another failure to statisfy a dependency
tranql-connector-derby-embed-local-1.1-SNAPSHOT.rar but that's probably because I was doing
an offline build.

It was a bit tricky mapping this message:
     [echo] Running car:install for Geronimo Configuration for performing service deployments

I made the connection (thank you findstr/grep) but failed to investigate the dependencies
in project.xml.
Won't make that mistake again ;-)

Will clean out .maven/cache and kick off a 'maven clean new' build this evening and report
back the results.

View raw message