geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Statistics Management and Jetty/Tomcat
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 19:49:00 GMT
Greg

I've modified the list below to add what we would like to present in
Geronimo.

Jeff and/or Anita,
Do you think we can get comparable information from tomcat?   We would
also need to know how to enable, disable, and reset these statistics for
tomcat.

Joe

Greg Wilkins wrote:
> These new stats methods are in Jetty CVS if you want them in a hurry.
> I'll update the snapshot releases tomorrow.
>
> cheers
>

> Greg Wilkins wrote:
>

>>So would you be OK with the following stats:
>>
>>    private transient long _statsStartedAt=0;            // time stats collection
started

>>    private transient int _connections;                  // total number of connections
made to server

>>    private transient int _connectionsOpen;              // number of connections
currently open
>>    private transient int _connectionsOpenMin;           // min number of connections
open simultaneously
>>    private transient int _connectionsOpenMax;           // max number of connections
open simultaneously

>>    private transient long _connectionsDurationMin;      // min duration of a connection
>>    private transient long _connectionsDurationMax;      // max duration of a connection
>>    private transient long _connectionsDurationTotalTime;    // total duration of
all coneection
       private transient long _connectionsDurationCount;    // total
number of connections created (I guess this would be the same as
_connections above so perhaps we don't need it again in this form)

>>    private transient int _errors;                       // total bad requests to
the server
>>    private transient int _requests;                     // total requests made to
the server

>>    private transient int _requestsActive;               // number of requests currently
being handled
>>    private transient int _requestsActiveMin;            // min number of connections
handled simultaneously
>>    private transient int _requestsActiveMax;            // max number of connections
handled simultaneously

>>    private transient int _connectionsRequestsMin;       // min requests per connection
>>    private transient int _connectionsRequestsMax;       // max requests per connection
       private transient int _connectionsRequestsCurrent;   // The
number of connection requests currently in progress (I guess this would
be no different than the _connectionsOpen above ... so perhaps we don't
need this again in this form)

>>    private transient long _requestsDurationMin;         // min request duration
>>    private transient long _requestsDurationMax;         // max request duration
>>    private transient long _requestsDurationTotalTime;   // total request duration
time
       private transient long _requestsDurationCount;       // total
number of requests  (I guess this would be no different than _requests
above ... so perhaps we don't need it again in this form)

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net

lose."   -- Jim Elliot