geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Roesgaard Færch <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference 1.0.3 webapp deployed
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:34:47 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> Whow! Thanks for sharing them with us. With them all I think we can
> achieve the goal of deploying PetStore and Adventure Builder on time
> *before* 1.0 is announced.

I'm a little uneasy about the fact that we still need to add CMP fields
to the CMP beans to make the application deploy - with this limitation,
will we able to claim that Geronimo is compatible with the adventure
builder app?

The EJB spec (section 10.8.3) suggests that the
Container Provider will provide a tool to add these special field(s) to
hold the primary key value without having to actually add them to the
EJB's implementation and deployment descriptors.
What Saraswathi has done is - as far as I can tell - what is described
at the Wiki at
<http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/Working_with_Enterprise_JavaBeans?highlight=%28primary%29%7C%28unknow%29%7C%28key%29#head-d3c8257af5f8402c0d47c6a3dc47ad73972d2aa0>

Does anyone know whether Geronimo/OpenEJB supports the
"behind-the-curtains" generation of fields to hold the primary key?

If this support is not present, what should the strategy be for
packaging the Adventure Builder App with Geronimo; should we
a) Distribute a copy of the entire app with the necessary changes
    incorporated
b) Let the maven script modify the adventure app sources and rebuild
    the ear's before distributing the app?

For the time being, would it be possible for someone (I guess that means
Saraswathi) to share the modified beans - this would save me the time to
add the fields myself.

Kindly,
Jakob