geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T-4 days to ApacheCon...1.0 Status and Thoughts
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:23:48 GMT
I am heading to the airport soon.  Won't be online until Wed evening in
San Diego.

I wish we had more time to do some testing, there have been a lot of
changes lately..

The following needs to be done by someone else:

* GERONIMO-1286 (CRLF/LF in distributions) changes needs to be ported to
the new build from modules/assembly/maven.xml.
* GERONIMO-1151 "Changing EJB port from 4201 to another value in
config.xml does not take effect" needs to be fixed... also need to test
other attributes.

The following I plan on doing (after the freeze if possible) for the 1.0
release

* GERONIMO-1166 Startup scripts - I had hoped to get these committed
before travelling, but spent time chasing build problems.   I plan on
doing some more testing with these scripts and commit them on Thursday
8th Dec.  The scripts are based on what was agreed in the
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg12524.html mail
thread.  I have attached my current work as a patch to the JIRA.

* GERONIMO-1266 Geronimo Izpack installer does not set shell scripts as
executable - depends upon GERONIMO-1166 being finished, since there will
be different file names that need to be set executable.  Not sure if
1266 is really a show stopper, but would be nice if users didn't need to
chmod scripts after installing..

John