geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo Web Site Design
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 02:16:03 GMT
I agree with the others that these proposals are a vast improvement over
what we currently have.

I like the general style/shapes of #4 the best but I think I would
prefer the blue color scheme from #1 for consistency.

I really like the tabs both on the bottom and the top of the banner -
but I think we need some criteria for what would get a tab on the bottom
vs. on the top vs. on the left or right of the main page.  In the
mock-up there is a lot of duplicate links in these areas.  Perhaps some
general guidelines like "documentation/information" types of links on
the right, process/community links on the left, primary Geronimo page
views in the lower banner tabs (downloads, subprojects, etc...) and
perhaps action types of links on the top (email Geronimo, open a
problem, etc...).  These categories for the areas are just an initial
suggestion - I'm sure there are better organizations that others can
recommend.

Thanks for another great set of proposals Epiq team!!!!

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn@earthlink.net