geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Confluence link on the welcome pages
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 14:59:16 GMT

When creating the Welcome Page with the new look & feel and the web
console welcome portlet I included a link to the current confluence
documentation.   This is the "Additional Documentation" link.  I added
it because I was thinking that this documentation was too good to not
have an easy way for the end user to access it and was curious to see if
anybody would complain.

Given all of the debate about confluence and the possibility that the
current confluence content may or may not be moving into a more official
site, I guess I should remove these links.  Hopefully, whatever is
decided will ensure that this documentation is readily available to the
users for V1 (even if it requires one level of indirection).  So I'll go
ahead and remove the links unless somebody really, really, thinks we
should keep them.

BTW, if we do make a complete change from the wiki to confluence is
there any possibility that we could keep the same URL?  The Welcome page
has always included a link to the wiki and it would be great if this
didn't become a dead link on the installed images.  It would probably be
better if we removed all of the links on the welcome page and the web
console welcome portlet and just point the user to the Geronimo home
page.  This would allow us to keep things "up to date".  Should I go
ahead and make this change too while updating the welcome page and the
web console welcome portlet?

Joe

--
Joe Bohn