geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Web Containers: Setting for directory listings?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:46:19 GMT
Aaron,

Leaving aside the possibility of genericizing this for both
tomcat & jetty and just considering the jetty implementation
for now:

It might be possible to be able to use the same kind of mechanism
in the geronimo-web.xml file as is used in the deployer plan.xml
file. That is, put a gbean into the geronimo-web.xml file like
so:

    <gbean name="StaticContent" class="org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyServletHolder">
        <attribute name="servletName">defaultOverride</attribute>
        <attribute name="servletClass">org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Default</attribute>
        <attribute name="loadOnStartup">0</attribute>
        <attribute name="initParams">
 acceptRanges=true
 dirAllowed=true
 putAllowed=false
 delAllowed=false
 redirectWelcome=false
 minGzipLength=8192</attribute>
        <attribute name="servletMappings">/</attribute>
    </gbean>

that the JettyWebModuleBuilder can use to set up the Default servlet
for the webapp instead of using the StaticContent gbean from the
j2ee-jetty-runtime-deployer-plan.xml.

Comments?

regards
Jan