geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 19:08:08 GMT
Rajith Attapattu wrote:

>Sure, Rick and Bilal as volunteered.
>
>I will take care of the POP3 protocol provider implementation.
>(more specifically javax.mail.Store and javax.mail.Folder
>implementations and support classes for POP3)
>
>Since Rick has already done work on the Message classes maybe he can
>help with the protocol specific Message Classes. Can you ???

I was thinking of doing the SMTP authentication first, since most of my
experience with the javamail apis have been in the context of debugging
some SMTP problems.  I'm familiar with the output transports, but not
looked at any of the input stuff yet.

Note that outputing the message format is handled by JAF Handlers for
each of the MIME types.  The support for decoding the message content
may already be in there. .