geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Startup Warning related to running Tomcat Examples on Jetty
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:38:51 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> The problem appears to be caused by:
>
> 09:24:21,347 DEBUG [GBeanSingleReference] Waiting to start
> geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,Servlet=invoker,WebFilter=Servlet
> Mapped Filter,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping
>
> because no targets are running for reference Servlet matching the patterns:
> geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=Servlet,name=invoker
>
> Can you look in the debug tool after it's running and check for
> "name=invoker" to see whether the GBean reference name is just a
> little off or something?

I only see the following in the debug-tool..

J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,Servlet=invoker,WebFilter=ServletMappedFilter,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping[starting]

J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,URLPattern="/servlet/\*",WebFilter=PathMappedFilter,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping[starting]

ObjectName:
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=geronimo,Servlet=invoker,WebFilter=ServletMappedFilter,WebModule=geronimo/servlets-examples-jetty/1.0-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=WebFilterMapping

ClassName:  org.apache.geronimo.jetty.JettyFilterMapping
State:  starting

Attributes
Name Value
errorDispatch false
forwardDispatch false
includeDispatch false
requestDispatch true
urlPattern (null)

This can be easily recreated on Jetty by applying GERONIMO-1258 (since
it predeploys the apps).. Or alternately by installing the war directly
from the ibiblio repo (link provided in earlier post)..

The same application runs fine on Tomcat.  Do you suspect an error in
the Geronimo code or in the application itself?  Do I need to open a JIRA?