geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Roesgaard Færch <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: Java Adventure Builder Reference 1.0.1 webapp deployed
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 15:12:03 GMT
 > Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>> Jakob Roesgaard Færch wrote:

>> I have checked out the Geronimo sources and built the server. Using the
>> code in sandbox/adventurebuilder merged with the AB 1.0.1 application
>> from Sun as described on the Wiki page
>> <http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/AdventureBuilder>,
>

> I think we should consider working with AB 1.0.3 instead. Since it's the
> latest release of AB, I assume there're some bugs fixed, so we won't
> have to spend ages to sort them out. See
> http://adventurebuilder.dev.java.net. I'll update the wiki and dds if
> necessary soon (probably later tonight).

I'll switch to the 1.0.3 from java.net.

>> the maven goals
>> distributed the application.
>> I was a little surprised to learn that the adventurebuilder fetches it's
>> own copy of the server (places it in
>> sandbox/adventurebuilder/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT);
>

> Why? I'm all ears to hear/read a better solution.

Considering your remark later that the AB application must deploy to a
clean build without any need for the source code, I guess I'll have a
pretty hard time to come up with a better solution :-)
I'll skip Question 1 later.

>> this server
>> seems a little defunct, for example I'm not able to make the
>> deployer.jar talk to it over JMX to list modules etc.
>

> Take a look at maven.xml file. That's where you'll find out what modules
> are deployed. It's worth to change it a little to add the missing
> functionality you described.

Thanks for the advice; I'm still a little new to Geronimo, so the
(elegant) model of both user applications and system services being
configurations isn't fully incorporated.
I did as you suggested, and it works beautifully.

[SNIP Question 1]

>> I'm able to start the application and construct an adventure, but
>> checkout fails with the same url error as described in message
>> <http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg12456.html>
>

> I haven't yet figured it out what's wrong. I guess it depends on other
> modules to be deployed. So, the first step would be to deploy other
> modules and give it a try again.
>
>> Saraswathi mentions (in [1]) that the URL issue has been resolved.
>> When I try to deploy the applications not deployed by the maven
>> script, I get an error involving CMP.
>> It seems reasonable that Geronimo needs some extra information to bind
>> the CMP beans in the application to the database schema.
>

> Positive. I hope Saraswathi will publish the plans soon.
>
>> * Question 2: Does any deployment plans exist for the remaining
>> applications (activitysupplier, airlinesupplier, bank and opc).
>> If so, where do I find them?
>

> They're not in the repository. They need to be build from scratch.

I'll defer trying to deploy the rest of the modules of the AB as long as
possible, hoping Saraswathi will publish his information on how to do it.

Meanwhile, I'll try to familiarize myself with deploying a simple web
service on Geronimo on the hypothesis, that some of the problems might
lie in this area.

[SNIP Question 3]

> Jacek

Looking forward to working with you,