geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <>
Subject Re: Web Containers: Setting for directory listings?
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 07:38:33 GMT

To disable/enable directory listing for Jetty, you
must set the initParameter called dirAllowed to false/true for
Jetty's default servlet called org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Default.

If I understand correctly, the jetty builder plan.xml sets this to
true for the container, but it should be possible to do this on a
per-webapp basis. Perhaps by putting a setter on the JettyWebAppContext
class that can be referenced from the geronimo-web.xml file?

I will take a closer look at this and get back to you.

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> It would be nice to have a settings in the geronimo-web.xml for
> whether the web container should return a directory listing or a 404
> error if the request URL points to a directory and there's no welcome
> file present.
> Do Jetty and Tomcat both support this?  Any idea whether it's easy to do?
> Thanks,
>     Aaron

View raw message