geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: files in var/config directory
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:51:40 GMT
John Sisson wrote:
> On the user list Erin suggested (see mail below) that some of the files
> in the var/config directory be renamed.
>
> * Does renaming the files make less sense now that users can instruct
> Geronimo to use a specific config file (instead of the default
> config.xml file) by setting the org.apache.geronimo.config.file system
> property?
>
> * Erin's suggestion of the README file is worthwhile.  I suggest we call
> the README file README.txt (to simplify fixcrlf processing at packaging
> time and to make it easier for windows users to view).

I believe one of the original purposes of var/config/README was to
document how to switch between Jetty, Tomcat and both configurations.
Now that the "new" /assemblies build has unique images for both jetty
and tomcat, we should no longer describe how to switch to the another
web container via the config*.xml since I suspect it isn't readily
supported.