geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject files in var/config directory
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 06:57:08 GMT
On the user list Erin suggested (see mail below) that some of the files
in the var/config directory be renamed.

* Does renaming the files make less sense now that users can instruct
Geronimo to use a specific config file (instead of the default
config.xml file) by setting the org.apache.geronimo.config.file system
property?

* Erin's suggestion of the README file is worthwhile.  I suggest we call
the README file README.txt (to simplify fixcrlf processing at packaging
time and to make it easier for windows users to view).

* In the long term I think we should also have README.txt files in other
major Geronimo directories so administrators can quickly familiarise
themselves with the purpose of directories (without having to find and
read through a  manual).  The README is not a replacement for a manual
and can contain URLs for the full documentation.

Comments?  I'll raise JIRA(s) if we have agreement.

John