geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bilal Bhatti" <bi...@neelo.com>
Subject RE: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:24:47 GMT
Thanks, Rajith.

Is the goal to create a full IMAP client with offline capabilities. If so
what local message format is going to be used? Is this client going to be
plugged in as a portlet in the console?

I have the code for an online imap client. It has basic functionality to
grab folders and pull down messages. What are the feature requirements for
this thing?

Sorry for the dumb questions, if they have been discussed already.

bilal

> Bilal,
>
> What Bruce was referring to are the following RFC's and JavaMail spec.
>
> IMAP4 RFC
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1730.html
>
> POP3 RFC
> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1939.html
>
> The following page has links to both JavaMail API doc and specs
> http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/reference/api/index.html
>
> http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/JavaMail-1.3-changes.txt
>
> It's quite a bit to read :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Rajith Attapattu.

-- bilal

-----
"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life,
when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic
about." - Einstein