geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports?
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 02:02:30 GMT
On Dec 3, 2005, at 4:11 PM, Bruce Snyder wrote:

> - SnowMail: Doesn't make use of JavaMail (big problem!) so everything
> is very proprietary; it doesn't speak IMAP at all

Actually I think it is better that SnotMail doesn't use JavaMail at
all.  The mean they have a working POP implementation where the other
ones rely in the implementation from Sun.  It may be possible to
extract their POP implementation in massage it into a JavaMail
plugin.  Alternatively, POP could be so simple that it is better to
write one from scratch ourselves.

BTW if you guys really get into this, you should take a look at our
SMTP implementation.  It needs auth and TLS support.

-dain